Angel-Waves asks: I have tried so many shampoo & conditioners for long, thick curly hair over the last 25+ years and have yet to find one that I can use and it work for more than a few washings. Ojon worked okay as long as I used their $55 stuff in the jar a full night before each washing. It does not last long with me because I have a ton of hair! It is too expensive to keep up that ritual, I just think there has to be a shampoo and conditioner out there that will not dry out my hair and at the same time not weigh it down. Please post a comment if you have any suggestions.
The Mid Brain responds:
Hi Angel. The ladies in our Forum did a great job of providing suggestions on products for you to try, but I thought I’d post your question here on the blog for the rest of the curly-haired community to see. It also gave me a chance to a quick recap on some of the other curly quips we’ve made. Follow the links to learn the answers to the ones you’re most interested in.
Jessicurl and other curly questions
- Is Jessicurl Good For Curly Hair?
- Can Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Really Reshape Your Hair?
- Are Curly Hair Styling Products Really Different?
- Does Curly Hair Need Special Ingredients?
- Are Living Proof No Frizz Products Good For Curly Hair?
- Flat Iron or Relaxing – Which Damages Curly Hair More?
- Do Curling Shampoos Really Work?
- Will Phytodefrisant Fight Frizzies?
- Do Sulfate Free Shampoos Stop Hair From Being Curly?
- Can Conditioners Make My Hair Curly?
The Beauty Brains bottom line
Does anyone else have any product suggestions for Angel-Waves? Leave a comment for her and the rest of the Beauty Brains community.