While the Beauty Brains may have been the first cosmetic chemists to start a beauty blog, we are no longer the only ones. Here are a few of our fellow scientists writing about the chemistry & science of beauty products.
5 More Sciencey Beauty Blogs
1. Colin’s Beauty Pages – Written by a UK-based cosmetic scientist. Colin reviews products, beauty advice, and the science behind beauty and attraction. He’s currently writing a book on the science of beauty and you can see some excerpts on the blog.
2. The b-spot Nikita is a cosmetic chemist who works as a consultant to the industry. She also has a regular column in the prestigous Cosmetics & Toiletries magazine, one of the top publications for cosmetic science professionals. She gives an insider’s view of the cosmetic industry.
3. Science of beauty – Here’s a site that discusses the science behind beauty products from the perspective of a university professor. Joanne doesn’t work in the beauty industry but she loves beauty products & knows a thing or two about chemistry. Be sure to see her video experiments.
4. Natural Haven – Written by JC, a natural haired scientist based in UK who does not work for any cosmetic company, but is well-versed in the latest beauty research published in scientific journals like the Journal of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists. Definitely worth checking out.
5. Chemists Corner – This website is a teaching resource for people interested in learning to become a cosmetic scientist. If you are curious about what chemists need to know to develop beauty products, this is the place for you.
Are you a cosmetic chemist / scientist or formulator with a blog? Leave a message below and we’ll add you to the list.