It’s time to give a little link love to The Style Page! Here’s Julie’s question…
Julie asks…What can be done to reverse hair loss?
The Right Brain says:
There are only two approved treatments for hair loss that you can count on as of right now: Minoxidil and Propecia. (And even these don’t work well for everyone.) So don’t fall for all those other products out there that promise to work by removing DHT and so forth. Read what the FDA and FTC have to say about hair loss scams.
Still, we can keep hoping that some miracle cure will actually pan out. Here are a few potential hair loss treatments that we’ve read about recently.
- A fish oil dietary supplement that to combat stress-related hair loss.
- A peptide and red clover extract to inhibit DHT modulation. (Hmmm.)
- From lashes to locks: Lastisse for your head.
- Botox – it’s not just for wrinkles.
- Would you believe a bio-adhesive hair growth conditioner?
- Gene therapy could work, provided you have a rare hereditary type of hair loss.
- Update: Stop shaving those leg hairs – transplant them!
Image credit: Iknowhair.com