Natasha needs to know…The leave-in “It’s a 10″ was recommended to me by my stylist to cut down on split ends and frizz. I have fine hair and even when its clean and brushed/combed tends to look messy, and it tangles very easily. I have been using the “It’s a 10″ leave-in for the last few weeks every time I shampoo my hair and have been very happy with the results. My problem, I HATE the way it smells. It’s not that the scent is a bad one, I just personally don’t like it. Is there a similar product that has a different or no scent?
The Left Brain replies:
Here are the ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Menthylparaben, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Cyclomethicone, Silk Amino Acids, Heli Anthus Annuus, Sunflower Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Quaternium-80, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazaolinone and Methylisothiazolinone.
And here’s how to find similar products:
- Search online (or look in stores) for other leave in sprays.
- Check the ingredient list to make sure it’s water based (water should be first ingredient.)
- Then look for “Behentrimonium Chloride” in the first 3 or 4 ingredients. That means the product should be pretty similar.
- Look for “Cyclomethicone” after the first 5 ingredients. That means it’s even closer.
- Look for Quaternium-80 after that. If the produce you find has all three of these ingredients it should be VERY similar.
- Smell the product before you buy it so you know you like the fragrance!
I can’t guarantee this approach will find an exact duplicate of the “It’s a 10″ product, but it should help you narrow down your choices and increase the likelihood that you’ll find something you’ll like. (You might even be able to save some money!)
Image credit: freefoto.com