It’s time for another game of Beauty Science or Bullsh*t! Plus, we prattle on about six new beauty science news stories.
Click below to play Episode 34 or click “download” to save the MP3 file to your computer.
Beauty Science or Bullsh*t
This is the game where I give you 3 beauty science news headlines, 2 are true 1 is a made up. You have to pick the fake one.
1. Scientists can estimate the collagen levels in your skin just from a hand shake.
2. The first self healing nail polish could be created using a new regenerating plastic technology.
3. You should replace your toothbrush every three months because that’s how long it takes e. coli colonies to form
Beauty Science News
A few months ago we talked about the plastic microbeads used in exfoliators not getting filtered out of sewage systems and ending up in the ocean. It looks like they’re not as easy to replace as we thought.
Is using coconut oil dangerous?
According to Refinery 29, coconut oil may contain a carcinogen. Actually, that’s not quite accurate…
The first skin care line inspired by mummies
Based on a new study on how peat bogs preserve corpses, a new product line is launching with this mummifying material.
Sunscreens failed the test
A test in the UK showed that 3 major sunscreens failed their independent testing. Should you be concerned your sunscreen isn’t good enough?
Don’t step on your carbon footprint
Colep launching an organic shaving cream that uses CO2. At a time when every body else in the world is talking about reducing co 2 emissions they decide that because it’s organic.
Peer reviewed papers use the term “chemical free”
Perry was shocked to find that 4,000 scientific papers mis-use the term “chemical-free.” This doesn’t bode well for
This show is a labor of love but Perry and I could really use your help. Here are two ways you can support the Beauty Brains:
- Review our book on Amazon.com.
- Review our Podcast on iTunes (Click on “Ratings and Reviews and then on “Write a Review.” iTunes account required.)