The Beauty Brains Show Episode 08 – Hair conditioning myths
  • In our last episode we explained how hair conditioners work. This week Perry and I talk about the different types of conditioners and bust some conditioning myths. Plus – more fascinating personal anecdotes about Perry’s family! Click below to play Episode 08: “Hair conditioning myths ” or click “download” to save the MP3 file to your […]

• I really enjoyed this audio.
  • Really
    liked this episode, but now I’m thinking about the products I use and wondering
    if I can find cheaper versions of them. Could you explain why these products
    worked so much better for me than others I previously used? What are the key
    ingredients in them that make them special? And can I find those ingredients in
    cheaper products?

I used this
    one for 2 years
    http://www.beautybay.com/haircare/senscience/innerrestoreintensif/ , and although it is really nice I
    then I found this 
    ttp://www.beautybay.com/haircare/joico/kpakintensehydratortreatment/ which is as good but cheaper and
    can be used in conjunction with this 
    ttp://www.beautybay.com/haircare/joico/kpakdeeppenetratingreconstructortreatment/ which makes it awesome and the best
    conditioning stuff I’ve put on my hair.

P.S.: tried to put this on the comments section in the blog post but it doesn't appear to be working, dunno if it was something isolated or if there is something wrong with the website...

• Thanks for the heads up about the blog comments not working. I just tried it and it works fine on our end. If you get a chance would you mind trying it again?  

I'll take a look at the ingredients of the products you linked to but I'm a little confused about what you're asking. You said "Could you explain why these products worked so much better for me than others I previously used?" Then you listed the 3 products above that you said worked for you. If you can send me a link to the products you used previously I can compare them to the ones above, if that's what you're asking for. 
  • Sure, I'll try it again.

When I mentioned products used previously I was talking
    in general, I had never used something that worked that well. So what I was
    wondering was if they had any ingredients that were unusual or not frequently used
    in other products.
     But, of the top of my head, I can remember that before
    I tried those 3 I used to buy this one
    http://www.feelunique.com/p/LOral-Professionnel-Serie-Expert-Absolut-Repair-Cellular-Repairing-Masque-for-Very-Damaged-Hair-200ml and before that the usual
    supermarket ones like Fructis, Pantene and the like.

• Made a comment on the last post and apparently
    now it is working fine :) , I got a message saying the comment was waiting for approval
    Don’t know what went on yesterday.

• Thanks  - I really appreciate that you took the time to check it out. Since the website crashed a few weeks ago I flinch every time something else goes wrong! 
  • I get it, I actually thought it might have something to do with the new site because I hadn't made any comments since the site changed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion