Physical Sunscreen

Hello guys,

So I wanted to change my sunscreen routine and purchased this physical sunscreen. Here's the ingredients: ZINC OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, METHYLENE
BIS-BENZOTRIAZOLYL TETRAMETHYLBUTYLPHENOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE,
AQUA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLYL METHICONE, SODIUM
CHLORIDE, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA WAX, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL,
METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE.
It's from a local brand.

The thing is it's awful to use. Anything more than 2 drops and I look like a purpleish ghost (it leaves a white cast but with something blueish/purpleish). And I know 2 drops is hardly enough. Any tips to apply or should I just leave this product behind?

Thanks!! 

Comments

• Historically the problem with physical sunscreens has been that they leave a white residue. Most modern formulations use micronized TiO2 and ZnO which means the particles are so small they that they don't reflect the light.  Perhaps this product uses a larger particle size which is giving that white/blue cast? Rub the product in well and wait a few minutes to see if the cast goes away. If not you should probably try another product. Good luck!
  • Hi, being dark skin I can relate to the white cast frustration. I found a sunscreen that actually doesn't do this. I found this one.Organics Sunny Face Natural
    Sunscreen
      Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 19.0%. I notice when Aloe Vera is a main ingredient it doesn't leave as much of a white cast.
  • I can't think of any reason that Aloe would make a difference in reducing the white-ish cast but it's certainly an interesting observation. I'm glad you found a product you like!
  • Physical sunscreens are not the most cosmetically elegant formulations in the world, but they work! I have stuck with Blue Lizard for Faces 30+. It seems to sink into my skin well and doesn't leave a white cast. My skin is naturally pale, but even I have had issues with white cast!

I hope you find what works for you, gabis!