I tried Malibu Chelating Shampoo

And I love it.  Hard water here in Southwest Houston.  I used it for 2 days in a row and it made a big difference the second day - hair was much softer and some shinier.  I got the conditioner too (it was a set, has the granules that you can use also).  I'm using my regular shampoo and conditioner during the week and will do Malibu once a week or so to maintain.  Thanks for your April 18 post about chelating shampoo.

Comments

• Very interesting. Can you tell us what the main ingredient in the granules is? 
  • This is from their website - the packaging print is very small!  I haven't tried the granules yet, but they have good reviews for once a month or so use. Maybe the EDTA is in a higher concentration, or maybe it's that you leave it on for up to 5 minutes.  I'll check in again when I try it. 
     Malibu C Hard Water Treatment:  Glucose, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Betaine.
    The Shampoo has
    Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamide DIPA, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, PEG-16 Macadamia Glycerides, Polyquaternium 10, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Extract, Sodium Gluconate, Glucose, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool.

• Thanks! Glucose seems an odd choice for the main ingredient since it's more expensive than other carriers that they could have used. 
  • Well, the product is expensive actually, so maybe that's a reflection of the glucose.  I got a deal on Amazon so... will probably try other stuff once this is gone.  But I do love it.  Like I said, it took 2 days to really work.  Probably this weekend I will try granules because  I just cannot wait for new stuff to try!!  Whether I need it or not.