Sorbolene vs soap free cleanser

Is Sorbolene a cheaper alternative to soap free cleansers? Is it more gentle than standard soaps? Does it clean just as well?

Comments

• I've never heard of Sorbolene but I Googled it and found that it's a skin moisturizing cream with a high glycerine content. If that's the right product I don't really see how it's an alternative to soap. Maybe it' a different product? If you post the ingredient list I'll take a look at it. 
  • http://www.eczema.com.au/articles/418-sorbolene-eczema/

I've read this tip in other places too (apparently recommended by some dermatologists) but also wondered how it would remove dirt- if not by mechanically moisturizing the soap into the skin.
  • edited September 2016
    I still don't see an ingredient list for the product. The link you shared says it's "consisting mainly of purified water, paraffin and glycerine." That combination alone would not form a stable emulsion so I don't know what else is in there. 

Having said that, it does appear to be a mild base, depending on the other ingredients, of course. Will it clean skin? To some extent. Is it as good as soap? I don't see how that's possible.