Why are some hair products so expensive? Episode 99

Next week marks the 100th episode of the Beauty Brains Show! Perry and I taking today off to prepare for the big event so now I’m going to play another lost episode for you. This is one of the five original Beauty Brains podcasts that first aired in 2010 and then they were lost when our server crashed. We’ve recently restored those files so I’m sharing with you now our second ever show.2278300537_0ea2c025f4

Today you’ll hear the mysterious Sarah Bellum and the vaguely familiar Left Brain discussing…

• An update on Brazilian hair straightening
  • What makes some hair care products so expensive
  • How to find a lip balm that truly moisturizes

And remember to join us next week for our 100th anniversary extravaganza!

• Cris Hamilton September 8, 2015, 8:54 pm

Randy! My question was supposed to be on this episode! I’ve been waiting to hear the answer to my very excellent question for weeks and you’re on vacation??

• Randy Schueller September 9, 2015, 6:50 am

Cris: I wanted to answer your question this week but Perry insisted that he needed a break. I guess some people are just more reliable than others.

• Eileen September 9, 2015, 10:17 am

I’m glad you guys took some time off. After all, it’s not like this blog is your day job–although it certainly can absorb as much time as one! I’d much rather you guys take some time to enjoy friends and family, have a little R&R, and then come back to us refreshed and ready to go. After all, there are just two of you and how many thousands of readers? Enjoy your time

• Cristina Hamilton September 9, 2015, 6:58 pm

Eileen IS sweet but I’m a little more selfish!
    Seriously Randy, I do still want to know the answers to my questions so I hope you get to them after your vacay when you are all rested and fresh…

• Randy Schueller September 9, 2015, 7:00 pm

Lol, ok. Just remind me which question you’re asking about. (We get a lot of questions!)

• Cristina Hamilton September 10, 2015, 12:58 pm

It was about curly hair products. DevaCurl is one brand I was interested in. And about which ingredients in hair care you’d look for if you were looking to add moisture to dry hair…since that’s the whole push behind this “natural” hair trend.
    I can submit the question again if you’d like.
    Thanks Perry!

• ana September 11, 2015, 10:57 am

i started using deva curl its an ok brand for me i dont have the full swing of things yet ….but i would like to know which products over the counter use better quality silicones since my head gets really itchy?

• Randy Schueller September 11, 2015, 4:41 pm

I’m not aware of any silicones that would make your scalp itch. Have you considered a dandruff or dry scalp product?

• Cris September 11, 2015, 7:56 pm

Deva says they don’t use silicones in any of their products.
    I love the concept and the fragrance but not the price.
    Randy said he’d check out the products and let us know if there were less expensive alternatives, didn’t you Randy….

• Randy Schueller September 11, 2015, 8:00 pm

If you post the ingredient list for the products you’re interested in I’ll see if I can find a similar product that costs less.

• Cristina Hamilton September 12, 2015, 7:31 pm

Too many difficult words to type on my phone.
    Sigh.
    I will just submit my question again so you can give it the full consideration it deserves.
    Maybe you can bump it up a little….
    Thanks Randy!