Are you bothered by boob sweat?

Agent 23 asks: I hate under-boob sweat. It annoys me to no end. Plus it’s not like I can avoid it when I exercise. While sweat from everywhere else on my body evaporates within minutes, underboob sweat just sits there. I know I have the option of showering immediately after working out, but I don’t like using the gym’s shower, and I do like going to a coffee shop to relax by myself after my work out. Soooo, would it be safe to put antiperspirant under my boobs to prevent under-boob sweat?

Sarah Bellum says:

Despite all my begging and pleading, I can’t get the well endowed Right Brain to answer this question, so you’re stuck with my answer. But don’t worry, I’ll help you find a bit of Ban for your boobs, some Degree for your decollatage, or maybe even a little Arrid for under your areolas.

As the Righty previously blogged, antiperspirants really aren’t made to be used all over your body. In this case, I can think of three problems you might have if you put antiperspirant under your boobs.

Over heating

Antiperspirant stops you from sweating and that means your body can’t cool itself like its supposed to. If you put it all over your body, you might get dangerously over heated. But unless you have HUGE breasts, I doubt this will be a problem.

I know antiperspirants can be irritating sometimes. Not sure how it might feel if some of it got up around the around the tender nippular area, if you catch my drift.

Stained clothing

You know those yellow stains your shirts get on their armpits? That’s because some aluminum salts used in antiperspirants combine with certain kinds of fabrics. If you get Secret on your Victoria’s Secret, you could ruin a bra. Or get underarm stains on your stomach, if that makes any sense.

The Beauty Brains booby…uh, bottom line

If you want my official answer, I say that antiperspirants are over the counter drugs that are designed to used only under your arms. But if you’re a wild and crazy gal, you might just ignore my advice and give it a try anyway. If you do, be sure to write back and tell us how it worked!

What do YOU think? Are you bothered by boob sweat? Leave a comment and share your titulating story with the rest of the Beauty Brains community.

• Holly December 21, 2013, 4:11 pm

I’ve been annoyed with boob sweat myslef and have used antiperspirant under my boobs. It did help decrease moisture and sweating but at the cost of boob acne. I have had an occasional pimple on my chest, but this was extreme! Within a week of use I broke out with 8+ pimples only in the areas I applied the antiperspirant, between and under my chest. Even after I stopped using the antiperspirant, by skin seemed to react by increasing oil production in that area and I continued to get breakouts there for a few months. Once it cleared up, and I naively convinced myself that the reaction was unconnected to the antiperspirant. But when I applied antiperspirant again, within a week I started breaking out again. I do not recommend it, there is a reason it says to only apply under the arms.

• Ansley January 1, 2014, 11:27 pm

Try using a body powder. I live in the deep south and it helps with mine tremendously!

• Sharmarie March 10, 2014, 8:03 am

I find that using powder with corn starch works well.

• TJ July 17, 2014, 1:32 pm

I use it everyday, otherwise I will have sweat dripping down my stomach. I do not have a problem with it. If you do sweat under your boobs and do not use anything, it can cause yeast to grow underneath your boobs and your crevice under there becomes red, irritated and full of bumps. If you are going to use deodorant under your boobs you can’t just use any kind, you have to use plain old regular deodorant, not antiperspirant, just basic deodorant with no other extra added anything. No clinical strength, no invisible solid, no roll on. The old school white chalky deodorant, regular old solid. I recommend Secret, it works like a charm.

• Donna July 30, 2015, 5:38 pm

I was using an outer body yeast cream under my heavy breast but found that a thin layer of my mitchum 48 hour protection deodorant works very well and is cheaper, be sure to put it under the breast before bed and fan it until it dries and if you shower the next morning it will still work, It has worked for me for up to a week but everyone is different, I use it after my shower and use my blow dryer on low until dry, Hope this helps some of you.!

• Victoria November 24, 2015, 11:14 pm

I am always annoyed by boob sweat.Every second,every minute, and every hour it never stops bothering me. My advice is to just put the deodorant under your armpits.But you want to know how many times I do it a day? Well every day I always put it on 3 times a day but sometimes I will put it on 4 times a day. You might think that I am crazy but I rub it under about 8-10 times. Some of my best friends think I am crazy because I love love love my deodorant but I don’t want problems to my boobs. But I have to put deodorant on ally a day because it bothers me if I don’t . So email me how many times you do it a day.

• Chloe November 25, 2015, 11:14 am

I am always annoyed by boob sweat. Every second,minute,and hour it always bothers me. After the gym I go in the locker room and the ladies look at me because I have boob sweat dripping. My advice is to just use deodorant under you armpits. Do you want to know how many times I put it on a day? Well I mostly put it on 3 times a day but sometimes I put it on 4 times a day. I also rub it underneath about 8-10 times. Some people think that I’m crazy cause I love love my deodorant but I don’t want problems to my boobs . What do you think about me and my deodorant? Please reply

• Randy Schueller November 25, 2015, 1:08 pm

When you say deodorant do you mean anti-perspirant? Deodorant just covers odor, it doesn’t stop sweat. If you are talking about anti-perspirants, I don’t think they’re supposed to be applied that frequently.