Real Cosmetic Chemists Answer Your Beauty Questions › Forums › Why is Macadamia Flawless good for flaky scalp?
- This topic is empty.
February 19, 2014 at 12:01 am #91715PerryRMemberAstauff asks…I have some itchy, flaky patches on my scalp that get worse in the winter. Macadamia Flawless is the only thing I’ve used that’s still helped with the problem after more than a couple of uses, even compared to anti-dandruff and prescription shampoos I’ve tried, but $33 for 8 oz is not really in […] Why is Macadamia Flawless good for flaky scalp?February 20, 2014 at 7:41 pm #93716rozyisbackMember
My mom is the same way! She used dandruff shampoos because she thought her flakes were dandruff but it turned out she was sensitive to the cleansing agents in shampoo so I got her to buy the sulfate free and then they went away.June 25, 2021 at 9:15 am #97850Priti_ShahMember
Dandruff is a common skin condition that affects the scalp. This is a serious problem involving inflammation of the skin, also known as seborrheic dermatitis. There are many symptoms and some of them include flaking of the scalp and mild itching. It can further emerge in social or self-esteem situations. There are a lot of home remedies as well as products in the market that can help you get rid of dandruff conditions.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider is one of the best remedies that can help you cure your dandruff issues.
How To Use:
- Take equal parts of apple cider and water and apply it to your scalp.
- Gently massage your hair with the mix.
- Leave it for 15 mins and then rinse it off.
2. Coconut Oil With Lemon
Coconut oil with lemon is also a great remedy to cure dandruff. Coconut oil nourishes your hair, and when it is mixed with a little bit of lemon it will cure those white flakes.
How To Use:
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it with an equal amount of lemon juice
- Apply it on your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with some shampoo.
Yoghurt mask is a very effective yet very simple home remedy with multiple benefits.
How To Use It:
- Take a bowl full of yoghurt and apply it on your hair
- Let it dry for an hour and then rinse it off with some shampoo.
4. Green Tea
Green tea is believed to have a lot of antibacterial properties and it can restore the health of your scalp hence using green tea as a home remedy for dandruff is a good solution.
How To Use It:
- Dip two green tea bags in a cup of hot water
- Let the teabags rest in the water for 20 minutes
- Once it cools down, apply it on your scalp for 30 minutes
- Rince off with cold water after 30 minutes
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.