Removing Makeup & SPF

I use a foaming cleanser at night to remove my makeup and SPF. Is one cleanse enough or should I cleanse twice? Is a makeup remover necessary?
If using a makeup remover, do you need to use a cleanser afterwards?

Comments

• I'm sorry but that's impossible for us to answer from a scientific point of view. It depends on what kind of products you're using, how much you apply, how long you cleanse for, etc etc. 

Maybe some of the other Forum members can give you some tips. 
  • A clinique associate once made the analogy..not using a separate makeup remover before washing your face is like taking a shower with your clothes on.
  • That's an amusing analogy but not really very accurate. Makeup can be removed by regular face washing - clothes can not be removed by showering. (Of course you can always be like Perry and wash your clothes IN the shower but that's another story altogether.) 
  • The Koreans seem to do the double cleansing method.  I would think taking off a layer of makeup will then allow the cleanser to clean the surface skin and pores without a something blocking the cleanser
  • Yes, I can see how double cleansing would be more effective. 
  • I used to use a soapy cleanser with water after removing my makeup, but I noticed my skin was drying out so I looked into finding moisturizing cleansers that acted as makeup removers as well. Albolene moisturizing cleanser has been the most effective for me, it effectively removes my makeup while cleansing (without water) and leaves my skin super moisturized. I have really sensitive skin so I initially started using it because it's paraben free, preservative free, and fragrance free
  • I used to use a soapy cleanser with water after removing my makeup, but I noticed my skin was drying out so I looked into finding moisturizing cleansers that acted as makeup removers as well. Albolene moisturizing cleanser has been the most effective for me, it effectively removes my makeup while cleansing (without water) and leaves my skin super moisturized. I have really sensitive skin so I initially started using it because it's paraben free, preservative free, and fragrance free
  • Cleansing oil (the commercial kind with emulsifiers). It's great for removing makeup, sunscreen, and skin flakies from tret in one easy step. It will also clean out pores and make your skin feel smoother without being drying/harsh.
    Here Remove Makeup Naturally at Home
  • I use Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser which is kind of a mixture consistency. It doesn't lather but it's also not a full blown oil. Either way it's a miracle worker! My skin is moisturized and so healthy! Somehow it removes all my crazy thick makeup but still gentle on my super sensitive skin.